Already in the wake of the ambient wave of recent years, Japanese new-age productions of the 1980s increasingly moved into the focus of passionate record collectors. Under the keyword »Wamono«, which may be considered the Japanese equivalent of the term UK-Rare-Groove, attention is now turning to the music of the sixties and seventies. With the »Wamono A To Z Japanese Groove Disc Guide«, DJ Yoshizawa Dynamite and Chintam, two of the leading protagonists in the rediscovery of Japanese jazz, funk and soul music, presented the ultimate guide to the genre in 2015 – the paperback, unfortunately only available in Japanese, was immediately sold out. For those who don’t speak Japanese, it’s easier to get started: For the start of their series »Wamono A To Z«, DJ Yoshizawa Dynamite and Chintam have selected ten pearls from the pre-disco era: a treasure trove of fresh, danceable fusion tunes with a subtle Asian easy listening flair – light, groove-orientated and funky. The HHV Exclusive Edition, limited to 200 copies, comes in gold-coloured vinyl.
- A1 Toshiko Yonekawa – Sōran Bushi
- A2 Takeo Yamashita – A Touch Of Japanese Tone
- A3 Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys – Jongara Reggae
- A4 Chikara Ueda & The Power Station – Cloudy
- A5 Chumei Watanabe – Downtown Blues
- B1 Kifu Mitsuhashi – Hanagasa Ondo
- B2 Monica Lassen & The Sounds – Incitation
- B3 Norio Maeda, Jiro Inagaki & The All-Stars – Go Go A Go Go
- B4 Akira Ishikawa & Count Buffalo & The Jazz Rock Band – The Sidewinder
- B5 Masahiko Sato, Jiro Inagaki & Big Soul Media – Sniper’s Snooze
☛ ● Die Compilation »Wamono A To Z. Japanese Jazz Funk & rare Groove 1968-1980« erscheint am 10.9.2020 bei 180g.