With his 14-track collection of “WaJazz”, renowned Japanese jazz expert Yusuke Ogawa (see photo) delivers an exceptional selection of Japanese jazz music. Artists such as Jiro Inagaki, Minoru Muraoka, Hiroshi Suzuki and Hozan Yamamoto, among others, contributed to the compilation, which will be released this April. On “WaJazz”, the Universounds, HMV Record and 180g labels join forces to create a unique release that ranges from fiery hard bop to free jazz, introspective sax solos and massive big band sounds.
Since 2001, Yusuke Ogawa has been running the label and eponymous record shop Universounds in Tokyo, which specialises mainly in jazz and rare records. In addition, Ogawa is a label manager, DJ, music author and reissue supervisor and has been involved in over 250 reissues and compilations, including Deep Jazz Reality and the HMV Record Shop’s sub-label, Project Re:Vinyl.
The Sun Yellow Vinyl Edition, limited to only 400 copies, will be available exclusively in the HHV Records webshop and it’s out April 8, 2022.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- A1 Tadaaki Misago & Tokyo Cuban Boys – Sakura Sakura
- A2 Minoru Muraoka With New Jazz Players – Muraiki
- A3 Count Buffalo & The Jazz Rock Band – Mago-Uta
- A4 Kiyoshi Sugimoto Quartet – D-51
- B1 Toshiyuki Miyama & The New Herd – Adult’s Day
- B2 Soul Media – Breeze
- B3 George Otsuka – Sea View
- C1 Hozan Yamamoto, Masahiko Togashi, Yosuke Yamashita – Breath Prologue
- C2 Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media – Do It!
- C3 Hiroshi Suzuki – Romance
- C4 Masahiko Sato – Tochi Mo Kurumi Mo Fukiotose
- D1 Masahiko Togashi – Fourth Expression
- D2 Takeshi Inomata & Sound Ltd. – Mustache (Live)
- D3 Takeo Moriyama – Watarase
☛ ● The compilation »WaJazz Japanese Jazz Spectacle Vol.1 – Deep, Heavy And Beautiful Jazz From Japan 1968-1984« will be out April 8th, 2022 on 180g.